Business expense cover is essential for sole traders.
Business expense cover provides for 100% of fixed business expenses if the business owner becomes totally disabled due to sickness or injury.
Business expense cover is specially designed for the self-employed individuals or members of a small business who need to cover their fixed business expenses if they cannot work due to sickness or injury.
It is vital for sole proprietors, who are generally responsible for 100% of the fixed expenses of the business. It is equally important for small partnerships to ensure that each partner is covered for his or her share of business expenses. Premiums are generally tax-deductible.
Fixed operating expenses of running a business include:
- Accounting and audit fees
- Bank fees and charges
- Business insurance premiums
- Business loan repayments
- Cleaning and laundry
- Computer servicing expenses
- Contracted advertising
- Contracted repairs and maintenance
- Courier expense
- Equipment and vehicle leaving
- Land tax
- Postage printing and stationery
- Professional fees and subscriptions
- Property rates
- Salaries and superannuation
- Workers’ compensation